We are pleased to announce that our 1st Southern Africa Dialogue Platform on Anticipatory Action will be held on May 26 – 27, 2021. This first Southern Africa Dialogue Platform will be organized virtually, and we aim at opening our virtual doors even more widely to our partners and experts and giving you the opportunity to shape the anticipation community as you intend to.
View event page here.
Act Early as One: Scaling-up Anticipatory Humanitarian Action in Southern Africa through Collaboration
May 26 – 27 – two days from 13.00 – 16.00 Pretoria Time
More information about the event platform, registration and agenda will be available by begin of May at the Anticipation Hub website.
Southern Africa is faced with compounding humanitarian risks, including hydrometeorological hazards, conflict, epidemics, of which not least the mutated Covid-19 variant, and recurrent pests affecting crops and livestock. These risks are not limited by geographies or sectors; in other words, humanitarian actors need to approach these compounding risks across scale, time and sector, and most importantly: collaboratively.
- Showcase ongoing and upcoming AHA initiatives in southern Africa
- Showcase upcoming themes in AHA in southern Africa that will drive innovation
- Develop a joint inventory for anticipatory actions for southern Africa
- Develop a joint inventory for triggers and thresholds for AHA in southern Africa
- Develop a workplan for the alignment of thresholds and triggers for joint action
- Explore the alignment and scale-up of financial resources
- Create a roadmap for AHA joint advocacy for southern Africa